Class Title: 21 Days to Your Daily Writing Practice
Instructor: Mary-Elizabeth Briscoe
Class Term: May 20-June 16, 2019
We are not accepting any more enrollments for Mary-Elizabeth's class; the class has started.
Life is hectic and too often our commitment to a daily writing practice gets dropped to the bottom of the to do list. Join us as we re-ignite our passion for writing and build a strong daily writing habit in 21 days.
his four week class will build on the science that it takes 21 days to make or break a habit. We will find fun, creative, inspirational and motivational techniques to build a strong daily writing practice. We will share our successes as well as our struggles in the safety of our group on our way to our daily writing habit.
- Continue a daily writing routine
- Find creative ways to stick to the writing practice
- Use the daily writing practice for all of life's subject matter
- Enjoy the passion for writing every day
Group Participation: yes
Class Methods: Writing prompts, writing and feedback, discussions all through email and groups.io
- Unit 1. Introduction and overview of the class. Motivational reading and writing prompts for the week ahead
- Unit 2. Share successes as well as blocks to our writing practice. Provide techniques and strategies to break through the blocks. Share written work from the week for those interested in feedback
- Unit 3. Share successes as well as blocks to our writing practice. Provide techniques and strategies to break through the blocks. Share written work from the week for those interested in feedback.
- Unit 4. Solidify our commitment to continue writing. Prompts and readings for inspiration and sharing success.
Student Skills, Equipment, and Time Required
All writing levels welcome. Willingness to engage, participate in writing, review, and feedback.
Basic internet skills and email access.
Tuition/Fees for this course
SCN members: $128. Non-SCN members: $160.
Mary-Elizabeth Briscoe, MA, LCMHC is a published author, licensed mental health counselor, and life coach. After spending a year living on the Dingle Peninsula, Ireland working on her next memoir she is currently living, working, and writing on Cape Cod. She has taught numerous workshops including Writing your healing story, Ready, Set Write and Writing for your life. She teaches both live and online classes. In 2017 she published her first memoir, The First Signs of April, with She Writes Press.Social Media: