Class Title: Write with Mind, Body, Spirit
Instructor: Mary-Elizabeth Briscoe
Class Term: July 29-September 9, 2019
We are not accepting any more enrollments for Mary-Elizabeth's class; the class has started.
In this course, we will explore how incorporating techniques for mind, body and spirit will enrich your daily writing practice and enhance your life.
Over a six week period we will journey beyond the act of writing toward a deeper awareness of our writing through a more holistic understanding of how mind body and spirit affect our lives and our work. We will explore techniques and develop our own unique, individual writing practice.
- Participants will gain a better understanding of how aligning mind, body and spirit can bring a writing practice to new levels.
- Participants will learn specific techniques to nourish mind, body and spirit.
- Participants will be able to create their own unique writing life by incorporating the techniques learned and practiced in the course.
Class will primarily use groups.io for weekly communication. Ability to access Zoom Video Conference is necessary, as we may also utilize this method if participants are all comfortable to do so.
- Unit One: Introductions and course overview
- Unit Two: What exactly are we talking about when we say "Mind, Body, Spirit?" How does it relate to our writing practice?
- Unit Three: Mindfulness explored. Techniques explored. Writing Prompts for the week
- Unit Four: Using our bodies as part of our awareness. Various techniques will be explored including yoga, walking, etc.
- Unit Five: Spirit-what does it mean to each of us and how can we nourish it? Techniques explored to connect more deeply to spirit. Writing prompts
- Unit Six: Putting it all together
Student Skill Level:
This course is for anyone wanting to explore ways to enhance their writing practice.
Tuition/Fees for this course
SCN members: $192. Non-SCN members: $240.
Mary-Elizabeth Briscoe, MA, LCMHC is a 2019 IPPY Silver Medalist for her debut memoir, The First Signs of April. She has also co-authored Anxiety Relief. She is a licensed mental health counselor and life coach. After spending a year living on the Dingle Peninsula, Ireland working on her next memoir she is currently living, working, and writing on Cape Cod. She has taught numerous workshops including 21 Days to Your Daily Writing Practice, Writing your healing story, Ready, Set Write and Writing for your life. She teaches both live and online classes.