Class Title: Capturing Your 'Blue Moon' Life
Instructor: Tina Games
Class Term: September 30-October 28, 2019
enroll in this class
The blue moon serves as a beautiful metaphor for honoring the uniqueness of one’s life journey and the larger message in their personal story. It also signifies the potential of one’s legacy and how it can be expressed through creative endeavors. By using the wisdom of a rare blue moon phase, students will move into a more heightened awareness of life themes that are already emerging and how they can use them to shape their creative choices. This process can be helpful when determining what projects or opportunities are best aligned with one’s authentic life path.
We’ve all heard the saying, “once in a blue moon.”
- Well what if YOU inspired that “once in a blue moon” experience through your creative work?
- What if YOU were that “once in a blue moon” voice?
- What if YOU had that “once in a blue moon” gift to share with the world?
- What if YOU were a creative blue moon being?
Using the metaphor of a blue moon, this four-week class will include journaling prompts, creative exercises, and guided visualizations designed to help you connect with your unique gifts and experiences, the essence of your life story, and the larger theme that is already emerging in your life — helping you connect with your larger life legacy and how it wants to be expressed through your creative work.
Upon completion of the class, students will have answered these questions:
- What are the true, authentic qualities of ME?
- How are these qualities showing up in my life and how are they shaping my authentic path?
- What is it that makes my life story unique?
- What lessons have I learned and what experiences have I had that would be of benefit to others?
- What is it that I can offer through my creative work that no one else can?
- How will this creative work become part of my larger life legacy?
Delivery of weekly lessons and journal writing prompts will be made through e-mail (or a special group site). Participants will be invited to share their writings (or a synopsis of their writings) with the instructor for feedback and additional questions to ponder.
- Week One: Celebrating Your Unique Gifts and Experiences
- Week Two: Exploring the Essence of Your Life Story
- Week Three: Following the Thread of Your Authentic Journey
- Week Four: Honoring Your Personal Legacy through Your Creative Work
Student Skills, Equipment, and Time Required
Students will need internet and e-mail access to receive weekly lessons and to communicate with the instructor.
Two to three hours per week will be needed to complete the journal writing and creative mapping exercises.
Tuition/Fees for this course
SCN members: $128. Non-SCN members: $160.
Tina Games is the author of Journaling by the Moonlight: A Mother's Path to Self-Discovery. As a certified creativity and life purpose coach, and a master retreat leader and certified journal writing facilitator, she is the 'Moonlight Muse' for women who want to tap into the 'full moon within' and claim their authentic self, both personally and professionally.
Through her signature coaching programs, based on the phases of the moon, Tina gently guides women from darkness into light as they create an authentic vision filled with purpose, passion, and creative expression. She lives on Cape Cod in Massachusetts with her husband and their two older teenagers.
For more information about Tina’s work, please visit her website
Praise for Tina's Classes
- Tina Games is a wonderful instructor! Her course materials are thought-provoking and always get me thinking outside of the usual box. I love the way the journaling prompts get me to think about things in a different perspective. I especially appreciate Tina's comments in the discussions. They always move me to the next step. —Mary C., Pine CO
- Tina Games was an exceptionally caring and attentive instructor. Her time investment in the course and participants was unlike any other online course I ever attended. The result was a vibrant class where people talked and shared with each other in the safe environment that she created. —Ariela Z., Auburn ME
- I can't share enough good words about Tina Games and her Blue Moon Legacy class. She is supportive, wise, kind, insightful, and gracious. She takes time with each of her students to ensure that each person feels heard and respected. Her insights are incredibly spot-on and very helpful to re-vision yourself and your life story in a positive and authentic way. She is excellent in helping you through tough explorations and ensuring a kind space to share. I can tell she really loves what she is doing and very much cares about her students. —Kathryn W. , Seattle WA
- Tina Games is a warm and generous instructor. I learned so much in her course, Using the Gifts of Winter as a Source for Creative Exploration, in particular how to create a vision board and use it. This course helped launch me on a new path, one I've been wanting to go down for quite some time, and Tina has been a great guide. She is always encouraging and supportive, and she offers excellent suggestions and ideas. If you're looking to set goals, intentions, create a vision board, and set out on a new journey, this class is for you. Highly recommended! —Cyndi L., Riverton UT
- Tina Games' teaching coupled with the Muse book gave me the tools I need to develop my imagination. I now I have many resouces for continuing to tap into my creativity. Tina is very perceptive. Her comments and techniques helped guide me deeper into creative thinking. She went above and beyond to help me reach my "creative project" goal. I am grateful for her genuine interest. —Sue S., Cedar Falls IA
- Tina Games is an awesome instructor who really has the ability to speak to your soul...she uses many sources of wisdom and insight in her course, and respects your privacy above all. She is also able to facilitate good interaction within her group to the benefit of all involved. —Carol W., Bellevue NE
- I actually wasn't quite sure what the course would really be like, but I really enjoyed having the chance to journal on the topics Tina Games had and I liked connecting my ideas with the phases of the moon. The synchronicities were just amazing! —Mary C., Pine CO