Class Title: Using the Full Moon for Creative Inspiration
Instructor: Tina Games
Class Term: June 10-July 8, 2019
enroll in this class
Full moons are rich with light that fill up an otherwise dark night sky. There’s a magic quality about them that sparks the light within us.
A full moon phase gives us the courage to bring our true voice to the forefront. It gives us the ability to believe in the power of our own authenticity, allowing it to inspire our creative process and illuminate new ideas.
It’s a great time to connect with your creative purpose on a deeper level, looking at ways that it can be expressed through your creative projects and endeavors.
For many centuries, the full moon has inspired thousands of beautiful stories, songs, dances, paintings, and poems. Through its fullness and light, it has served as a muse in a variety of ways.
What is it about the full moon that stirs our innermost thoughts and inspires our deepest creativity? How can the energy of the full moon inspire your creative vision? How does it illuminate your creative process?
Using the metaphor of a full moon, this four-week class will include journaling prompts, creative exercises, and guided visualizations designed to help you connect with the wisdom of a full moon phase as you tap into the energy of three summer full moons and explore the creative works of others who have been inspired by our lunar goddess. We’ll be creating a beautiful and sacred space that will illuminate your creative process, allowing new ideas to bubble to the surface.
Upon completion of the class, students will have
- Dabbled with a variety of journaling prompts and creative exercises designed to inspire creativity and new ideas.
- Learned how the full moon can serve as a source of creative inspiration.
- Gained clarity on what will bring light to their creative process.
- Connected with the authenticity of their creative voice and how it wants to be expressed at this time.
Delivery of weekly lessons and journal writing prompts will be made through e-mail. Participants will be invited to share their writings (or a synopsis of their writings) with the instructor for feedback and additional questions to ponder.
- Week One: Exploring the Wisdom of a Full Moon Phase
- Week Two: Tapping into the Energy of the Summer Full Moons
- Week Three: Using Other Full Moon Creations for Inspiration
- Week Four: Bringing Your Creative Process into Full Light
Two to three hours per week will be needed to complete the journal writing exercises.
Student Skills, Equipment, and Time Required
Students will need internet and e-mail access to receive weekly lessons and to communicate with the instructor.
Tuition/Fees for this course
SCN members: $128. Non-SCN members: $160.
Tina M. Games is the author of Journaling by the Moonlight: A Mother's Path to Self-Discovery. As a certified creativity and life purpose coach, and a master retreat leader and certified journal writing facilitator, she is the 'Moonlight Muse' for women who want to tap into the 'full moon within' and claim their authentic self, both personally and professionally.
Through her signature coaching programs, based on the phases of the moon, Tina gently guides women from darkness into light as they create an authentic vision filled with purpose, passion, and creative expression. She lives on Cape Cod in Massachusetts with her husband and their two teenagers.
For more information about Tina’s work, please visit her website.
Praise for Tina's Classes
- Tina Games is a wonderful instructor! Her course materials are thought-provoking and always get me thinking outside of the usual box. I love the way the journaling prompts get me to think about things in a different perspective. I especially appreciate Tina's comments in the discussions. They always move me to the next step. —Mary C., Pine CO
- Tina Games was an exceptionally caring and attentive instructor. Her time investment in the course and participants was unlike any other online course I ever attended. The result was a vibrant class where people talked and shared with each other in the safe environment that she created. —Ariela Z., Auburn ME
- I can't share enough good words about Tina Games and her Blue Moon Legacy class. She is supportive, wise, kind, insightful, and gracious. She takes time with each of her students to ensure that each person feels heard and respected. Her insights are incredibly spot-on and very helpful to re-vision yourself and your life story in a positive and authentic way. She is excellent in helping you through tough explorations and ensuring a kind space to share. I can tell she really loves what she is doing and very much cares about her students. —Kathryn W. , Seattle WA
- Tina Games is a warm and generous instructor. I learned so much in her course, Using the Gifts of Winter as a Source for Creative Exploration, in particular how to create a vision board and use it. This course helped launch me on a new path, one I've been wanting to go down for quite some time, and Tina has been a great guide. She is always encouraging and supportive, and she offers excellent suggestions and ideas. If you're looking to set goals, intentions, create a vision board, and set out on a new journey, this class is for you. Highly recommended! —Cyndi L., Riverton UT
- Tina Games' teaching coupled with the Muse book gave me the tools I need to develop my imagination. I now I have many resouces for continuing to tap into my creativity. Tina is very perceptive. Her comments and techniques helped guide me deeper into creative thinking. She went above and beyond to help me reach my "creative project" goal. I am grateful for her genuine interest. —Sue S., Cedar Falls IA
- Tina Games is an awesome instructor who really has the ability to speak to your soul...she uses many sources of wisdom and insight in her course, and respects your privacy above all. She is also able to facilitate good interaction within her group to the benefit of all involved. —Carol W., Bellevue NE
- I actually wasn't quite sure what the course would really be like, but I really enjoyed having the chance to journal on the topics Tina Games had and I liked connecting my ideas with the phases of the moon. The synchronicities were just amazing! —Mary C., Pine CO