The moon serves as a beautiful metaphor for contemplating the creative process. By using the phases of the moon as a guide, students can move from the darkness of overwhelm and stuckness - to the light of clarity and possibility as they explore their bigger creative vision and map out the steps needed for the success of their creative projects. This process can be applied to a business idea, a book project, a workshop proposal — anything that requires a deeper, more contemplative and creative approach.
Is your head filled with so many ideas, you don't know where to start? Does your vision feel out of focus, causing you to spin in circles? Are you overwhelmed with the possibilities for bringing your concept to completion?
The moon serves as a beautiful metaphor, guiding you out of the darkness of overwhelm and ideaphoria - and into the light of clarity and possibility. By tapping into the wisdom of the moon phases - and through the art of journal writing, you'll be gently guided through a process that leads to a bigger creative vision and into the steps that are needed to bring your project to fruition.
At the end of this class, students will have:
Instruction/Communication Method: Delivery of weekly lessons and journal writing prompts will be made through e-mail (or posted into an agreed upon online forum). Participants will be invited to share their writings, ideas, and concepts with the instructor for feedback and additional questions/suggestions to ponder.
- Explored their many ideas, sorting through them and making decisions on which ones are better-timed for right now and better-aligned with their bigger creative vision.
- Gained clarity on what needs to be released (or shifted) in order to make room for the bigger vision that wants to emerge.
- Stepped into a creative vision that honors the next evolution of who they are becoming (as a writer, teacher, facilitator, author, entrepreneur, etc.).
- Contemplated the creative journey from a variety of different perspectives with a particular focus on what "feels" most authentic and divinely-timed.
- Made decisions on which steps to take now and which steps to ponder for a time in the near future.
- Mapped out a plan that will bring their concepts to completion.
- Unit 1:
- The New Moon - Honoring the Beginning of Your Creative Process
- The Waxing Crescent - How Will This Project Reflect You and the Intentions You Desire?
- Unit 2:
- The First Quarter - Exploring Possibilities and Conquering Creative Blocks
- The Waxing Gibbous - Identifying Your Audience and Your Creative Support Team
- Unit 3:
- The Full Moon - Stepping into Your Light and Expressing Your Creative Voice
- The Waning Gibbous - Creating Your Bigger Vision and Mapping Out the Possibilities.
- Unit 4:
- The Last Quarter - Identifying the Steps Toward Realizing Your Creative Dream
- The Waning Crescent - Learning How to Manage the Ebb and Flow of Your Creative Process
Student Skills, Equipment, and Time Required
Students will need access to the internet and will need to have the ability to open pdf documents and audio recordings.
Time Commitment: Approximately two hours per week will be needed to complete the journal writing and visual mapping exercises (which are designed to inspire and enhance the creative process).
Tuition/Fees for this course
SCN members: $0. Non-SCN members: $.
Praise for 's Classes
- Tina Games is a warm and generous instructor. I learned so much in her course, Using the Gifts of Winter as a Source for Creative Exploration, in particular how to create a vision board and use it. This course helped launch me on a new path, one I've been wanting to go down for quite some time, and Tina has been a great guide. She is always encouraging and supportive, and she offers excellent suggestions and ideas. If you're looking to set goals, intentions, create a vision board, and set out on a new journey, this class is for you. Highly recommended! —Cyndi L., Riverton UT
- Tina Games' teaching coupled with the Muse book gave me the tools I need to develop my imagination. I now I have many resouces for continuing to tap into my creativity. Tina is very perceptive. Her comments and techniques helped guide me deeper into creative thinking. She went above and beyond to help me reach my "creative project" goal. I am grateful for her genuine interest. —Sue S., Cedar Falls IA
- Tina Games is an awesome instructor who really has the ability to speak to your soul...she uses many sources of wisdom and insight in her course, and respects your privacy above all. She is also able to facilitate good interaction within her group to the benefit of all involved. —Carol W., Bellevue NE
- I actually wasn't quite sure what the course would really be like, but I really enjoyed having the chance to journal on the topics Tina Games had and I liked connecting my ideas with the phases of the moon. The synchronicities were just amazing! —Mary C., Pine CO